Earth Hour, organised by WWF (world wide fund for nature), is a movement uniting people across the globe, engaging a massive mainstream community in over 185 countries to take action on environmental issues and protect the planet.
Earth Hour was famously started as a lights out event in Sydney, Australia in 2007 on 31st March when more than 2.2 million individuals and 2,000 businesses turned their lights out for one hour between 8.30pm to 9.30pm.
Power plants that supply electricity use fossil fuels, which are a major contributor of air pollution. By turning off unnecessary lights and when leaving a room, can save a lot of energy and reduce electricity demand, which then has a rippling effect in preservation.
This is a campaign for anyone and everyone who wants to help make our planet and therefore our future better.
At Gaia our commitment for a better environment as a natural and organic, skincare and wellness brand includes:
- Sustainable and ethically sourced natural and organic ingredients
- Cruelty free skincare
- Vegetarian and Vegan friendly skincare
- Biodegradable bamboo packaging and compostable spoons
- Recyclable glass and minimal recyclable plastic
- Re-fill policy to reuse, recycle, repurpose
- Full-sized products and amenities reducing waste
- Minimal secondary packaging